Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Ask and You Shall Receive Miracles

NOTICE: We've Moved! Please click here to be taken to the new location!!

What is the first thing that comes to mind when saying the word "miracle"? Is it the blind boy who wakes up one morning, suddenly able to see for the first time in his life? Or how about the person who's been deaf since birth who is now hearing a bird chirp for the first time? Many people think miracles are like these type of farfetched events that happen only to others. They couldn't be more wrong about that.

All it takes is the willingness to believe you deserve miracles by asking for them. And I don't necessarily mean those kind of miracles. I'm talking about simple every day things like getting that job or house you want, the ideal partner or whatever it is you desire.

As the world continues to evolve through a spiritual transformation, more so-called coincidences are taking place as the number of people who raise their level of consciousness increase. This is because through self exploration, there is a growing recognition that in order to lay claim to what we want, a change of consciousness has to take place from within ourselves. This leads those on the self-awareness path to open themselves to the possibility of asking and then receiving miracles. All that needs is a shift in their own perception of the universe in which we operate in.

Like a computer that runs on a set of procedures that must be followed in order to operate the machine, the universe has its own set of laws that must be followed in order to recognize, receive and accept miracles.

I am not a scientist or anything but one thing I've noticed is that when we change our outlook in life, we release a certain form of energy that tends to attract what we put out. If we expect miracles, we will receive them. If we feel we don't deserve them, they won't come to us. It's that simple.

Miracles are everyone's divine birthright. If that's the case, then how come some people seem to lead happy, successful lives while others seem to live in despair? Stop and think about this for a moment.

Have you found yourself wondering about so-called coincidences or miracles that have occasionally appeared in your life only to dismiss them as "lucky events"? Think as far back in your life as you can. Focus on the major events that have happened to you and look at how they unfolded at just the right time. Have you noticed that every single person (or event) appeared at just the right time at the right place? They were people or situations that you could not have possibly engineered entirely on your own. For example, was there a favorite teacher like Mrs. Jordan who took you under her wing and gave you encouragement when you needed it the most? Or how about when you went out on a limb in total faith to achieve something like applying for a job at Merrill Lynch and then it happened?

You and I already know there are mysterious forces at work all around us. The key is to make those forces work to our advantage. How?

The first step is to open yourself to a power greater than yourself and allow the light of love, courage, strength and hope to pour through you. Be willing to listen to your heart for that's where the soul speaks to you. God has a divine plan for each and every one of us. You have a blueprint that is yours and yours alone. It's up to you to find out what it is.

You may be wondering where to go next in your life. I've come to that fork in the road many times. Part of the deal is that you can ask for anything you want providing you have a clear intention in your mind of what it is. Make a decision and go for it. Once you make that decision, you must be willing to wait patiently for things to unfold. There is often a divine lesson to be learned while going through the waiting phase.

Let me give you a seemingly minor detail that happened to me several years ago. I once owned an apartment co-op in Queens, one of the outer sections of Manhattan. Commuting to work was a 45 minute ordeal twice a day. It got to a point where I wanted to be much closer to my office in the city. Since I was making enough money at that point to afford a Manhattan apartment, I made the decision to go and apply for one. What you don't know is there were two potential obstacles in the way.

Even though I was making great money at the time, my credit history was anything to be desired. When I was younger, I had been foolish with my credit cards and did some major damage - I had creditors all over my back, threatening to haul me in court if I didn't pay up. It was a heavy lesson in fiscal responsibility. This meant my credit background could hurt my chances of getting an apartment in the desired location. Despite this, I set an intention of finding myself an apartment anyway. That was the first step.

The other obstacle was finding a desirable tenant to rent my Queens co-op. I had wanted to hold on to it thinking real estate values would eventually go up and then I could sell it at a profit later. While the Queens apartment was in a very nice neighborhood, it was still a long ride to Manhattan where most people worked. That was a potential turn off to rental prospects. Also the co-op board was known to be very choosy about who they let in, possibly turning off qualified tenants. I admit this had me worried in the beginning. But I knew better.

This is where I put the power of the universe to work in my favor. Not only did I set an intention of finding a new tenant but I also believed I would find a nice apartment in an area where I wanted to move into. I prayed about it and made a commitment to take action whenever I received an impression to do so. (i.e. listened to my intuition).

The first thought that came to mind was to find a couple of realtors and make it known that my co-op was available for rent. That was the second step after setting an intention. Within a few weeks, two young guys put in an application for the apartment. They were friends who were looking for a place to share. As I suspected, the co-op board asked them for substantial financial records. They balked and almost walked away. This is where I reminded myself to trust the process and believe that everything would work out for the best. I did not force my hand to "facilitate" the process, as so many people tend to do when things aren't going their way. Eventually they were approved and moved in. They turned out to be responsible tenants, paying their rent on time almost every month (they were late a couple of times but always paid up).

While the co-op was interviewing these people, I was trying to find my own apartment in the city. Remember, I had bad credit to begin with (it's since been repaired). One day I found an apartment complex (with a doorman) that I liked very much and something told me to fill out an application. I did just that and handed over $100 for the credit background check. I would be lying to you if I said I wasn't anxious about the results of that credit check. Once again I pulled myself up and put into practice what I learned - I released the outcome to God.

A week later I went into the management's office in Manhattan to follow up on my application, not knowing what to expect. I'll never forget the lady who told me, "Congratulations, you got the apartment." What shocked me was that several people had also applied for the same apartment. Not only that, but each one of them had far better credit than I!

Yet I got it. Why?

Food for thought: Have faith, expect miracles to come your way and you shall receive.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home