Monday, August 13, 2007

Influential Bloggers Take Notice of Adversity University

NOTICE: We've Moved! Please click here to be taken to the new location!!

Some influential bloggers are starting to take notice some of my writings here at Adversity University, which means my stories are starting to spread. Because you are loyal and have stuck with me while I tried to find my writing niche, I think and hope you'll be proud of me. Take a look:

Vern, co-founder of The Good Blogs and writer of "The Idea Dude" was recently a guest blogger over at Liz Strauss's widely read blog. In an article entitled "Connecting the Dots with the Idea Dude," he mentioned both "Debilitating Habits of Comparing Ourselves to Others" and "The Price You Pay for Not Accepting Yourself." Links to both can be found in Vern's guest column. Thank you Vern! And of course, thank you Liz for allowing Vern to be your guest blogger at SOB.

Then I discovered Laura Young of "The Dragon Slayer's Guide to Life" accepted TWO of my stories to the "Carnival of Courage," a rare feat. Apparently Laura is well known for not accepting more than one piece from any particular author but she did exactly that with "Three Words" (about my fifth grade teacher who forever changed my life with three words) and "Trust in Being Brave -- The Merrill Lynch Story." You can see her write-up here with links to those stories. Thank you Laura!

Food for thought: When you are on purpose and continue to work on your passion (which for me is writing, motivational speaking, flying, etc), the world will be drawn to you like a magnet.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

6 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne Dininni said...

Congratulations, Stephen, on being noticed by these two influential bloggers!

While I'm not familiar with Laura, I have had occasion to contact Vernon about a few minor glitches that occurred with the blog categories in TheGoodBlogs widget that I have displayed on my site, and he has been very friendly, responsive, and helpful, which has given me great confidence in TheGoodBlogs!

I'm not surprised that your stories have been referred to by Vernon and accepted into Laura's blog carnival, because they are powerful stories--stories that demonstrate that not only can adversity be overcome, but that we can become stronger through it.

I will definitely be sure to check out The Dragon Slayer's Guide to Life, and pay another visit to The Idea Dude!

Regards,
Jeanne Dininni
www.WritersNotes.Net/

3:16 AM  
Blogger Stephen J. Hopson said...

Hi Jeanne:

How sweet of you to congratulate me like this! Thank you Jeanne for your compliments. I'm pretty excited about it because it's a long time coming. I've worked hard and dilgently to stay focused on providing quality content because I value the reader's time (and mine). I wouldn't want to be reading junk, so why would they?

Thanks again for dropping by and taking the time to comment. It's so much fun interacting with the readers of Adversity University!

Stephen

2:02 PM  
Blogger The Idea Dude said...

Hi Stephen, you're one of the gems, I had delighted in finding this year. Keep inspiring people! you inspired me.
Vernon

9:34 AM  
Blogger Stephen J. Hopson said...

Vernon (a.k.a. "The Idea Dude"):

Wow, what a great compliment from you. Thanks so much for your kind words. You are surely a heck of a gem yourself. I've been blessed to meet such great people in the world of blogging. It's been an amazing experience. I look forward to the day we meet. Phil said some great things about you.

Stephen

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Stephen!

Have enjoyed your articles and am so pleased that you are being recognized by some important bloggers! And even some newbies like me!

I will keep coming back!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Stephen J. Hopson said...

Connie:

What a joy to welcome you to the world of Adversity University! Thank you for taking the time to write me a note and letting me know you've enjoyed my articles.

I truly enjoy the fine art of writing and it's taken a long time to find a style of my own. I get a natural high when the words flow easily and effortlessly. Of course, there are days when I struggle to find the right words but it always works out in the end!

You have given me yet another divine sign that I am on the right track, giving what people want to see at Adversity University. You made my day today by taking a minute out of your busy schedule to say "Hi." What could be a better gift than that?

Stephen

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home