Sunday, August 19, 2007

Shelfari - Tell Your Friends What You're Reading

NOTICE: We've Moved! Please click here to be taken to the new location!!

I just learned about this really cool site where you can tell your friends which books you've enjoyed reading so that they can discover what they might have missed in book heaven.

The way it works is that you sign up (free) and then you have the option of listing your friends to join you right off the bat or click onto a link where you can skip that part for now (adding friends) and start building your viritual bookcase. It is very user friendly and easy to use.

Once you start picking books to put on your virtual bookshelf, it becomes a lot of fun. On the shelf are books you've actually read (and I hope enjoyed - otherwise why put them up there?). I plan to add lots of books I've enjoyed over the years and I hope you join me!

Here's the link to Shelfari and start adding me as your friend in book heaven! Come see the books I love and see if we have any in common. Then pick my next book so I can keep on reading.

http://www.shelfari.com/invite/CtjEm7L0Sw2pZA6-Nh6dQw
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

6 Comments:

Blogger Dschauffer said...

I have been on Shelfari for a couple of months now and absolutely love it.
Any good books you could recommend to me?
-schaufferwaffer

P.S. Check out the blog widget :) Its pretty cool

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks very cool. I am always looking for good books, and this is a great way to keep track of my must read list.

It is fun to share reading ideas with others because sometimes you will get a gem that you wouldn't have found on your own.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Stephen J. Hopson said...

Hi Danny:

It's a great program, isn't it? I love it too! Let me see here....how can I tell you which books I like at Shelfari? I'm still learning my way through that program but normally people find out which books I like by clicking onto the "invite" link above and creating an account.

But since you already have an account at Shelfari, I think you can access by bookshelf by using the search box on top of the page and entering: sjhopson That's my profile name. Go ahead and give it a try.

That will lead you directly to my profile. From that point, you can add me as a friend. Once you're listed as my friend, I can do the same for you.

I'm curious to see what books you're reading too! I love reading. My living room is stacked with them.

Thanks for commenting.

Stephen

3:29 PM  
Blogger Stephen J. Hopson said...

p.s. Danny, you said "check out the blog widget - what widget? Can you point it out to me? Thanks.

Stephen

3:30 PM  
Blogger Stephen J. Hopson said...

Danny:

Since you didn't leave an email or name other than Danny, I had no way of contacting you but I noticed you ended your comment with "schaufferwaffer." Figuring that was your profile name at Shelfari, I decided to search for you using that name and found it. Is it yours? There are 86 books listed on the bookshelf. If it's you, then I'll happily add you as a friend.

Let me know. P.S. I just left a note for that profile name over at Shelfari so if you're the same as "schaufferwaffer" then you'll be getting an email from me over there.

Stephen

3:35 PM  
Blogger Stephen J. Hopson said...

Quint:

That's why I joined as soon as I found out about it. It's really cool because the books you select appear in full color on a virtual bookshelf for all to see. It's really vibrant and easy to use.

Once you click on the link above, you can set up an account in seconds and then add me as a friend. If you've already done that, my profile name at Shelfari is "sjhopson" As soon as you select me as a friend, I'll be able to do the same once I know your profile name. Then we can see what each of us have been reading!

Fun isn't it?

Stephen

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home