Friday, September 21, 2007

Passing a YouTube Video Forward

NOTICE: We've Moved! Please click here to be taken to the new location!!

The Ask! Ask! Ask! article from two days ago generated such a great response that led me to Peggy Collin's very helpful, "Ten Ways to Ask for Help Without Feeling Helpless." I was so surprised that there was someone out there who actually specialized in teaching people how to ask for help!

Peggy's list actually gave me an idea. While I've shown the following YouTube video before, I've never actually asked you to help me pass it along. According to traffic statistics at Adversity University, about 100 people a day stop by for a visit. If each one of you took a few minutes to forward this video to 5 people on your list, that you personally know would be inspired by its contents, that means at least 500 people could witness the power of three words that once tumbled out of a fifth grade teacher's lips so many years ago.

As you will see in the video, Mrs. Jordan simply said three words, "THAT'S RIGHT, STEPHEN!", forever causing a ripple effect that continues to expand even 30 years later. I have written a book with that title (which I expect to publish in 2008) and plan to do a bus tour that same year. By speaking of how much of difference she made in my life, this is my way of giving back to her and reminding current/future teachers that they are very much needed in today's classroom.

Can you imagine if teachers knew the potential impact on their students the way Mrs. Jordan impacted mine?

Will you help me pay it forward? You are invited to do this a couple of ways:

1. Click the "Share" button at the end of the video and follow their instructions (YouTube provides three ways of passing this forward easily and effortlessly).

2. At the end at the very bottom of this post, there's an icon resembling a tiny envelope. Click on that and you'll be able to forward the entire blog entry to people you think should see this.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was inspired by your articles, Stephen, before I even knew you were hearing challenged!

You are an accomplished writer!

Wonderful video. You must be thrilled with it. I was.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Stephen J. Hopson said...

Corrine:

Yes, I was thrilled with it after it was put together. Thanks so much for your continuing support and compliments about my writing and everything else. I really do appreciate it.

I hope that your network of friends also like it, assuming, of course, you passed it forward.

Stephen

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That in an amazing and moving story. I have to tell you a little secret; I was once a teacher. I hope that something I did made even .1% of such a difference. Good teachers make an amazing difference. It is wonderful to see one recognized. These days I teach through my blog and my work. I will forward on your post to some people who I know will appreciate it.

7:20 AM  
Blogger Stephen J. Hopson said...

Benjamin:

What a terrific comment, especially hearing that you were once a teacher. I love it! Thank you for stopping by.

I'm positive that you made much more than .1% of a difference! The funny thing is, you probably don't realize the enormous impact you made on your students but trust me, if you are like Mrs. Jordan who really cared deeply for her students, you did (and I would venture to say CONTINUE to do so)!

I appreciate very much your willingness to pass this YouTube video forward to everyone you believe would be inspired, uplifted by its contents.

By the way, I'm excited to tell you that my former teacher, who is now in retirement, and I are still in touch (via email). Not only that, but she's also agreed to write an introduction or foreward to my first book entitled THAT'S RIGHT, STEPHEN! How exciting is that?

Anyway, I'll check your blog right now to find out what you're teaching these days.

Stephen

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stephen,
This video touched me deeply, especially your recognition of the teacher who changed your life. It is amazing what an impact a teacher - or any of us - can have.

I have posted the video on my blog.

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home