Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Today is That Day - Last Post!!!

NOTICE: We've Moved! Please click here to be taken to the new location!!

Well, this is it. Today's post will be the last one here. Yes, I know, I know. Feels strange, doesn't it?

In a funny sort of way, I've become a little attached to this blog but as you know, it was time to move on. A few of you somehow found the new location even though it isn't yet ranked on Google or Technorati. Imagine my surprise when I found a couple of your comments over there:
Really terrific look, feel and tone. I especially like the analogy to buying a house — because that’s what this process is closest to. You find that you always have to trade off here and there. But it looks like you’ve got yourself some prime real estate. Consider me a frequent houseguest. Ivana Taylor
I stumbled across your comments to this theme creators design and followed to your new site. Kind of crazy isn’t it? Anyway, I like the look and feel of this theme..... Chris Melton

Okay, are all 170 of you ready to join me? In the next day or so, I will be posting my first NEW article at the new blog. When you go over there for a look, you will see that I was successfully able to import every single article from here to there. I still have a lot more tweaking to do in the coming days, weeks and months but the hard part is over.

There's one more thing we have to do.

Remember I told you in a previous post that RSS and email subscribers "wouldn't have to lift a finger" to be moved over with me?

Well, I learned to my surprise that it isn't quite as simple as that. I've looked high and low for a painless subscriber transfer method but for the life of me, I could not find a ready-made solution! Quite frankly, I was shocked. The email subscription service that I am using at the new site (Feedburner) does not even offer an import feature!

Do you know what that means?

Yes, you got it. Would you mind? It'll only take a few minutes of your time. In fact, I've provided links below to help make the re-subscribing process easier for you. We'll get to that in a moment.

I read in a few places that by asking current subscribers to sign up at the new site could cause me to lose half of you out there. Apparently that's the risk I had to take by moving. But you know what?

That's their opinion.

Just because "they say so," doesn't mean it's true. Right? Will you help me prove them wrong?

All 170+ of you on the subscriber list are a unique and special group of people who have been drawn to Adversity University through the law of attraction. You came here and signed up for a reason. And you've stayed. Now that speaks volumes about what you think of Adversity University! That's why I feel good about asking you to take a few minutes to re-subscribe to the new location.

A quick note before we charter a plane to the new site. For those of you who are email subscribers, I will be sending you a follow-up email in the next couple days personally inviting you to re-subscribe. You will see "Adversity University" in the subject heading so that you won't think it's spam. Please be on the lookout for that. Okay?

I think I've covered all the bases. Shall we?

Welcome to my new home!



To re-subscribe by email, please click here. (this means you get an email notifying you of new materials automatically without having to re-check the blog every so often).

For those of you who prefer to re-subscribe by "regular" RSS FEED, please click here. (this means the blog address has been bookmarked under your Favorites tab in the browser - every time you're on the Internet, you simply check your "favorite feeds" and click on those that appear in bold - that means new information has been posted).

And finally, do you have a favorite RSS Reader? If so, click here to continue using your favorite reader. (you know how your favorite reader works, so no need to explain further).

That's it! That wasn't so hard, was it?

Let's see a show of hands....how many of you just re-subscribed?

Let me count: 1...2....50....100...170.

Hooray! We did it! See you soon........
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home