Friday, September 28, 2007

More Stuff from the Past Year

NOTICE: We've Moved! Please click here to be taken to the new location!!

Did you enjoy some of the earlier articles in yesterday's post? In an effort to celebrate the existence of this blog, I am bringing back some of old articles I wrote when Adversity University was just getting started for old times sake.

1. The Importance of Surrounding Yourself with the Right People - I was experiencing a challenge with some people that did not feel good to be around, prompting this article. It's been over a year since I last associated with those people b/c I felt it was detrimential to being in their presence so I had to take action. This article helped me help myself! It's a timeless article.

2. Winston Churchill - KOB: A short article about him after watching a movie about his life.

3. Battling the Weeds of Adversity - A humorous story written by fellow speaker Tony Brigmon who was mowing the lawn at his house.

4. Blizzard Housecleaning - A story of what happened when driving through a howling blizzard in Canada.

5. Faith Realignment, It's How You See It - Consciously setting the tone when you wake up.

That's all for today folks! Expect some more tomorrow, over the weekend and the beginning of next week! Be sure to comment if you're enjoying these old stories and articles from the past. Let me know which ones impacted you the most, I'd love to hear from you!

And one last thing. Thanks for signing up and being such a strong part of Adversity University! I enjoy writing for you and sharing my experiences with you.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 Comments:

Blogger JasonWomack said...

The Importance of Surrounding Yourself with the Right People - I was experiencing a challenge with some people that did not feel good to be around, prompting this article. It's been over a year since I last associated with those people b/c I felt it was detrimential to being in their presence so I had to take action. This article helped me help myself! It's a timeless article.

I remember hearing this for the first time when I was a participant in a Les Brown seminar in Las Vegas. From the stage he said, "You have to know who you can count ON and you have to know who to count OUT."

It was a very important day in my life...since then, I've used that idea to surround myself by the people who are uplifting, positive, forward-focused and all-around fun to be around!

Thanks for re-publishing this article...great stuff!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Stephen J. Hopson said...

Jason:

Thanks for letting me know that the "Surrounding Yourself...." article touched you.

I have one of Les Brown's books but have not had the priviledge of attending his seminars. I'll bet he was powerful!

Thanks so much for sharing your experience and emphasizing how important it is to surround yourself with the right people. It's so incredibly important!

Stephen

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home